||Thursday, March 23, 2006, 6:52:26 PM
20 Ways to Make Your Child Fit for Learning
- Be a good role model.
- Pre-cut fruits and vegetables for easy access.
- Eat dinner with your child.
- Involve your child in grocery shopping and food preparation.
- Hike or ride bikes together.
- Give your child fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Reduce the junk food in your house.
- Be selective when eating fast foods.
- Count calories.
- When grocery shopping, read the food labels with your child.
- Limit television, video and computer games to one hour a day.
- Eat vegetables with your child.
- Replace white bread with whole wheat bread.
- Remind your child to drink lots of water.
- Encourage eating fruits as snacks.
- Help your child be physically active for 60 minutes each day.
- Provide a pleasant eating environment.
- Moderate your child’s sugar intake.
- Choose and prepare foods with less salt.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast each day.
Local Wellness Policy